Sunday, May 10, 2009

500 cupcakes - cone cakes (take 2)

Happy Mother's Day!

Made these today for my MIL for Mother's Day...


And 'cause I knew the kids would get a kick outta them!


Finally got my little Silicone mini-muffin pan from Crate (it was on Sale, Ok!)

;-)


This particular batter is soooooo yum! It's so simple, too!

Not very many ingredients & you just mix them all together!

They're so cute and teeny-tiny! Mini!


Meanwhile, prepared my frosting.

I didn't have any heavy cream to make the frosting that this cone cake recipe calls for so I used the recipe from one of the 'Classic' cakes.

This frosting was sooooo good!

Just vanilla, butter & powdered sugar...

ahem, "Confectioner's sugar"... excuse me.


Like Buttah...


Sooooo cute!


Ok... So the only bummer -

The lil cakes make this top-heavy so they tip over easy!

Not sure how to solve that problem (other than just hurry & eat it)!

Other than that, they came out great and taste super yum!

The mini muffin pan works great and the lil guys fit into the cone perfectly!

The kids loved these!!! And I think MIL approved too...

:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcakes are my weakness... when all else fails, have a cupcake.