Saturday, June 20, 2009

AHA low fat, low cholesterol cookbook - oat bran muffins

"Meh..."

That's about all that can be said about these poor guys...

Unfortunately, these were NOBODY's favorite.

I, myself have never been a 'bran' gal.

But I thought these would be good for hubby, since we're working on lowering his cholesterol.

This recipe came from the American Heart Association Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, 3rd Edition: Delicious Recipes to Help Lower Your Cholesterol

Let's just say I'm still looking for the perfect Bran Muffin recipe.


Egg Whites only, of course!


These are just incredibly heavy and solid.

Having said that, tho...

The good thing is that they kept hubby full during surf sessions.

He'd grab one on his way out to the water and it kept him full for the hour
to hour and a half that he's out there!


I'd like to try these again with a recommendation from Sis-in-law,
who suggested adding a bit of Apple Sauce to give 'em some moisture.


Poor lil guys... so sad. I feel bad for them...

:-(

1 comment:

  1. Where is the moisture? No oil or milk for obvious reasons but seriously, nothing that I can see in the picture to make it moist...what about apple sauce which is also used to replace oil in some recipes?

    I'm searching for low cholesterol recipes for my sons girlfriend who is..hold on now...in college and has very high cholesterol! Heredity. She can't cook in the dorm so I'm trying to come up with some things I can make and ship to her. Poor girl is so distraught over what she can eat. She goes for a follow-up next week.

    ReplyDelete

cupcakes are my weakness... when all else fails, have a cupcake.