Saturday, May 30, 2009

tres leches cake


This came out sooooooooooo good!!!!

Again, I know... not a cupcake.

But I'd been craving this recently (for some odd reason) so I decided to make it.

This recipe is super easy to follow.


Oh geez... FIVE eggs!

So, there aren't too many pics on this one as I was trying to work fast!

I wanted my eggs to stay light and fluffy...


Meanwhile, the milks...

Recipe calls for Rum, which we don't have, so I added Kahlua... I think it's even better!!!

Mmm...

Of the entire cake, this is all that was left!

2 pieces!


So, again... Thank God for the YouTubes (as my mom would call it...)

I learned:
  • make sure eggs are room temp (I had no idea it would matter!)
  • visually saw what 'soft peaks' look like vs. 'stiff peaks'
  • learned to add sugar, etc once soft peaks have formed

    This video was really helpful:



as well as a video from Epicuriousdotcom (embedding disabled): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVcNDhwwFB8

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcakes are my weakness... when all else fails, have a cupcake.