Friday, September 18, 2009

Frozen Key Lime Pie - Barefoot Contessa

Oh Lord...
Well, if I haven't learned by now to test/make something ahead of time before making it for a function...

Or in this case, a gorgeous afternoon lunch on a gorgeous Friday...
We were Ladies Lunching, with a very runny Key Lime Pie!!!
:-(
I have no idea where my wheels fell off...

You know I love my Barefoot, so when I was in charge of dessert, I thought, "Well, what else?! Ina's Key Lime Pie!"

It was incredibly easy to make. Super simple instructions.

Made my graham cracker crust (which did come out perfect) and then mixed the egg yolks, lime juice, condensed milk & sugar.

Poured it into crust, per instructions and threw it in the Freezer over night!

It was in the freezer from 10p Thursday night til noon Friday...

Then in the car for a quick drive over to lunch.

Then immediately back in the freezer!

Now I know it's been a Trillion degrees outside but it wouldn't have melted that much in the car, would it?

With the car A/C on full blast?!

Taste-wise, it was delicious (of course...)

But it was all melty and runny!

What the eff?!

So now I've been racking my brains... what did I do wrong?

Did I mix it too long?
Is it cause my pie dish is glass?
Is it really 'cause it's been a thousand degrees outside?

Any ideas?

My very very good friend D, who was also at lunch Fri afternoon has made this recipe herself a ton!

And it's always come out ok for her!

What did I do?!

:-(
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcakes are my weakness... when all else fails, have a cupcake.