Monday, May 3, 2010

Rainbow Cake!!! (Whisk Kid)

Yay!


This came out sooooooo cute!

A HUGE thanks to Kaitlin (aka Whisk Kid) for this wonderfully fabulous recipe and for her great help/advice with the frosting!

And a big Thank You to Dianne for forwarding this recipe to me!!! :)

******************

Made this for my lil neice's 10th Birthday and she loved it!

It was such a hit that I'm making it again next weekend for Mother's Day!!!  :)


Used the Wilton's Gel Coloring for extra vibrant color!!!

Separated my batter into 6 bowls.  (This, for me, ended up being about 1 cup each.    ie- Six 1-cup bowls).  And added the gel coloring!

ROY G BIV!  

(Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet)


Assembling the layers...


Colorful candles for a colorful cake!

Mmmm... It was sooooo good!

When I make this again next weekend, I will definitely add thicker frosting between cake layers!

I really want those colors to Pop!


Fun Birthday Mustaches for the Birthday Girl and her silly Aunt!

Grrr... We're tough...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcakes are my weakness... when all else fails, have a cupcake.