Saturday, May 23, 2009

amish friendship bread (starter)

I thought this would be a fun project for my lil niece, who's all about the baking right now!

My plan is to make the bread on day 10 and give her some, along with her own bag, so she can taste it and make her own (after 10 days)!

I think she'll get a kick out of squish-squish-squishing the bag!Since I tossed the starter that my good friend Sho passed on to me, I had to make my own "starter"...

I got this starter recipe off Allrecipes.com.

It was the same as many other starters I'd found online (like momswhothink.com),

so I went with it.
Used a wooden spoon and plastic bowls (no metal allowed here!).

Put it in a Ziplock and wrote my days on there.

I goofed on that as, it's supposed to be Day 6 that I add stuff to the bag (not day 5).

I later scratched that out and wrote over it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcakes are my weakness... when all else fails, have a cupcake.