Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Banana Crunch Muffins - Barefoot Contessa


OMG... these came out sooooooooooooo good, where do I even begin?!

It's no secret that I personally think there is no Banana Nut Muffin like the Whole Foods Banana Nut Muffin.

It's pretty much killer and I'd eat it every day if I could (If I could NOT gain a thousand pounds and NOT have a heart attack...).

It was my very good friend J who told me to check out Barefoot Contessa, who she is totally into for Barefoot's yumminess and easiness...

and cause J has two little one's at home + a hubby, a dog and a seriously full-time job!

She told me to check it out so I immediately went over to Food Network and one of the first things I found was this Video for the Banana Crunch Muffins.

They are so easy to make!


Smooth like Buttah...


YUM! I'd eat that just like that...


I was looking for a creative & healthy alternative for hubby's diet.

We're still working on getting his Cholesterol down so I thought this would be good for him!

(ahem... minus the eggs and buttah...)




Topped the batter with more yummy granola-goodness.


Added Cinnamon on top, as I'd add Cinnamon to EVERYTHING, if I could...

Ding! Fresh outta the oven!

These were sooooo good straight out of the oven and for the few days (that they lasted) after.

Stored 'em in an air-tight container and they stayed moist and fresh!


YAY!!!!!

I'd absolutely make these again.

A note on Barefoot Contessa...

I've tried a few of her recipes now and they have ALL been wonderful and easy!

There are so many recipes on the FoodNetwork site as well as her Barefoot site.

Here's some of the things I've made that came out Killer!!!

Lemon Chicken with Croutons (this came out KILLER!!!, btw...)

Tequila Lime Chicken

Chicken Piccata

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcakes are my weakness... when all else fails, have a cupcake.